In 2011, after finishing up my MFA, I decided to take what I had started as a student blog and build on it. The first step was to figure out the beginnings of my brand. It had to be vector, it had to go with my name (which was my site) and it had to feel like "me". This project shows the steps of design and where I ended up.
Early Rough concept once colors had been decided.
Slightly more refined version, still not right though.
I had made a face icon for a friend and decided to make one of myself and dropped it in. Still not there.
Here we go. In experiementing I found that the J and C could be laid in such a way as to make an H (or an I if you tilt it the other way, that made it easier to figure out the rest.